George Frederick Shepard, Jr., was born on May 12, 1873, in Charlestown, the son of George Frederick Shepard and his wife, Sarah M. Metcalf (daughter of Patrick Metcalf).
He married by 1900 to Ora W. (LNU) (b. 1876-1877 in NY).
He married second by 1926 to Ruth (LNU) (b.1898-1899 in MA).
George Shepard died in 1955.
George Shepard began his career as a draftsman with Winslow and Bigelow. In 1910, he joined in partnership with Richard B. Derby and Thomas P. Robinson in the firm of Derby, Robinson, and Shepard. In 1913, he went into practice with Frederic B. Stearns. They formalized their partnership as Shepard and Stearns in 1921, and remained partners until 1950, when Stearns retired.
Shepard and Stearns work included a number of office, school, and hospital buildings. Among their works were the Suburban Club in Stamford. Connecticut (1914), Administration Building for the Baker Chocolate factory (1919), Boston YWCA Building at Clarendon and Stuart Streets (1929), office buildings for the Carter Pen Company and Union Wool Company, the Milton Women’s Clubhouse, and the Colicott and Cunningham School in Milton.
Back Bay Work
|1930||132 Beacon (Remodeling)|