160 Beacon was designed by architects Peabody and Stearns and built in 1902 by McNeil Brothers, builders.
Plans for the house are included in the Peabody and Stearns Collection in the Boston Public Library’s Arts Department (reference PS/MA.119). The plans include front and rear elevations, a lateral section, floor and roof plans, framing plans, and detailed drawings of interior details. The plans indicate the address as 162 Beacon, which also was the address shown on the original permit application.
These images, provided courtesy of the Boston Public Library, include the front and rear elevations, lateral section, floor plans, and interior detail.
The original drawings are on vellum and are fragile, in poor condition, and stained. These images have been gently manipulated to improve legibility.
The drawing of the front elevation also includes separate detail drawings of the entrance, main cornice, and other architectural details. The drawings of the front elevation and the entrance have been excerpted as separate drawings so that they are more easily viewed.
Click on the individual images to enlarge them.