Harris Marshall Stephenson was born on June 18,1845, in Boston, the son of Benjamin T. Stephenson and his wife, Nancy K. Hall.
He married on April 20, 1871, in Boston, to Harriet W. Currier (b. 1849-1850 in Chelsea; d. by 1900), daughter of Benjamin Currier and his wife, Amelia (LNU).
Harris Stephenson died on May 16, 1909, in Boston.
Harris Stephenson began his career as a draftsman in the firm of S. C. Bugbee and Son. When that firm moved to California in 1861, he joined the offices of Nathaniel J. Bradlee. In about 1868, he opened his own office, working in association with Daniel Appleton. He continued as a sole practitioner until his death in 1909.
Among Stephenson’s works were St. John’s Episcopal Church in Jamaica Plain; the Murdock Hospital on Huntington Avenue; Henry Nevins Home for Incurables in Methuen; the Sumner Hotel at 78 South Charles in Boston; and Turk’s Head Inn on Cape Ann.
Back Bay Work
|1890||326 Beacon (Demolished)|