Index to Deeds: 146 Beacon

The following is an index to property transfer deeds and agreements recorded at the Suffolk County Deed Registry from the original land purchase until conversion of the building into condominiums.  Mortgages, trust agreements, and other similar recorded documents are not included.  This index is intended as a guide only; actual deeds should be reviewed for details.

Transfers of Land and Buildings
Date of Deed Grantor Grantee Book Page
07Nov1984 Farshid Hodjat and Farhad Hakimzadeh, trustees, The Mayflower Trust 146 Beacon Condominium 11252 265
23Apr1982 Ruth Bowditch and Kenneth W. Thomson, trustees under the will of Willis Munro Farshid Hodjat and Farhad Hakimzadeh, trustees, The Mayflower Trust 9982 66
10Jul1942 John W. Meachen Willis Munro 5996 184
01May1941 John C. Hunkins John W. Meachen 5996 182
01May1941 Charles R. Lynde, Jr. John C. Hunkins 5916 384
20Feb1941 Nelson S. Bartlett and Walter Hunnewell, trustees under the will of Henry Hunnewell Charles R. Lynde, Jr. 5906 66
08Jan1887 John F. Anderson Henry S. Hunnewell 1756 47
01Nov1886 Moses W. Richardson, George K. Guild, and George O. Shattuck, executors under the will of George C. Richardson; and William F. Gavett, guardian of Ellen Gregory Richardson John F. Anderson 1748 394
23Apr1866 Susan Jones Welles and Jane Welles George C. Richardson 876 170
Transfers of Unimproved Land
Date of Deed Grantor Grantee Book Page
12Nov1860 John A. Blanchard Susan Jones Welles and Jane Welles 789 292
28Jul1859 Boston and Roxbury Mill Corporation (lot with 3 foot frontage) John A. Blanchard 761 177
12Jul1859 Boston and Roxbury Mill Corporation (lot with 4 foot frontage) John A. Blanchard 761 175
20Jun1859 Boston and Roxbury Mill Corporation (lot with 56 foot frontage) John A. Blanchard 761 173
Agreement restated in land transfer deed, establishing the time fame for construction of 146 Beacon, the design of the front façade to be in conformity with 144 Beacon, and the height and location of any outbuildings or stable constructed in the rear of the property
Date Party One Party Two Book Page
12Nov1860 (agreement stated in deed recorded 23Apr1866) Hollis Hunnewell on behalf of Susan Jones Welles and Jane Welles John A. Blanchard 876 170
 
Agreement modifying restriction in original deed of land to allow up to three dwelling houses (rather than only one) to be built on the land.
Date Party One Party Two Book Page
24Jul1861 Boston and Roxbury Mill Corporation John A. Blanchard 801 47
Agreement with respect to the location of the boundary lines between 132 Beacon and 164 Beacon to reflect the houses as built, the eastern wall between 132 and 134 Beacon having been placed 0.27 feet further east than indicated by the deed; and agreement by Charles K. Kirby, owner of the western-most lot (at 164 Beacon) to release back to the Boston and Roxbury Mill Corporation a 0.27 foot wide strip from the western boundary of his lot.  The corporation subsequently conveyed this  strip to John L. Gardner (Book 789, p. 26; 9Nov1860) to make the lot he bought to the west of Kirby’s lot (164 Beacon) a full 20 feet.
Date Party One Party Two Book Page
18Sep1860 Boston and Roxbury Mill Corporation P. W. Chandler, William Bramhill, C. K. Kirby, John A. Blanchard, B. T. Loring, Gardner Brewer, Eliza G. Winchester, George W. Wales, David Sears, Anna T, Coolidge, J. T. Coolidge, Jr., and David Stewart 788 47