Index to Deeds: 152 Beacon (Demolished)

The following is an index to property transfer deeds and party wall and other agreements recorded at the Suffolk County Deed Registry from the original land purchase until the property was purchased by Eben S. Draper and razed.  Mortgages, trust agreements, and other similar recorded documents are not included.  This index is intended as a guide only; actual deeds should be reviewed for details.

For transactions related to the successor building, see separate index for 150 Beacon.

Transfers of Land and Buildings
Date of Deed Grantor Grantee Book Page
09Jun1904 Isabella Stewart Gardner Eben S. Draper 2972 449
18Apr1887 David Stewart Isabella Stewart Gardner, wife of John L. Gardner, Jr. 1768 260
Transfers of Unimproved Land
Date of Deed Grantor Grantee Book Page
28Nov1859 Boston and Roxbury Mill Corporation David Stewart 768 203
Party Wall Agreement
Date Party One Party Two Book Page
15Apr1861 David Stewart P. W. Chandler 798 135
Owner of 152 Beacon Owner of 154 Beacon
Agreement with respect to the location of the boundary lines between 132 Beacon and 164 Beacon to reflect the houses as built, the eastern wall between 132 and 134 Beacon having been placed 0.27 feet further east than indicated by the deed; and agreement by Charles K. Kirby, owner of the western-most lot (at 164 Beacon) to release back to the Boston and Roxbury Mill Corporation a 0.27 foot wide strip from the western boundary of his lot.  The corporation subsequently conveyed this  strip to John L. Gardner (Book 789, p. 26; 9Nov1860) to make the lot he bought to the west of Kirby’s lot (164 Beacon) a full 20 feet.
Date Party One Party Two Book Page
18Sep1860 Boston and Roxbury Mill Corporation P. W. Chandler, William Bramhill, C. K. Kirby, John A. Blanchard, B. T. Loring, Gardner Brewer, Eliza G. Winchester, George W. Wales, David Sears, Anna T, Coolidge, J. T. Coolidge, Jr., and David Stewart 788 47