Index to Deeds: 164 Beacon

The following is an index to property transfer deeds and agreements recorded at the Suffolk County Deed Registry from the original land purchase until conversion of the building into condominiums.  Mortgages, trust agreements, and other similar recorded documents are not included.  This index is intended as a guide only; actual deeds should be reviewed for details.

Transfers of Land and Buildings
Date of Deed Grantor Grantee Book Page
28Jan1981 KLS Management Company and Roiff Corp., doing business as 164 Beacon Realty Company 164 Beacon Street Condominium 9662 340
29Aug1980 Toby A. Scudney KLS Management Company and Roiff Corp., doing business as 164 Beacon Realty Company 9518 51
03Oct1972 Hazel B. Hamilton Burton V. Scudney and Toby A. Scudney, husband and wife 8571 313
16Oct1942 Margaret C. Herrick Hazel B. Hamilton 6012 577
04Mar1935 Frederick E. Ordway Margaret C. Herrick, wife of Robert F. Herrick Jr. 5520 20
04Mar1935 Margaret C. Herrick Frederick E. Ordway 5520 15
01Jun1934 Boston Five Cents Savings Bank Margaret Clark Herrick, wife of Robert F. Herrick, Jr. 5459 367
24May1934 Robert F. Herrick Boston Five Cents Savings Bank 5459 366
28Mar1932 Edward A. Taft, trustee Robert F. Herrick 5316 636
12Jan1928 Robert F. Herrick Edward A. Taft, trustee 4969 335
15Jun1927 (recorded 13Jan1928) Robert F. Herrick, Jr. Robert F. Herrick, Sr. 4969 334
01Jul1925 Robert Homans, executor under the will of Helen A. Homans Robert F. Herrick, Jr. 4700 375
Transfers of Unimproved Land
Date of Deed Grantor Grantee Book Page
29May1889 George Peabody John Homans, Sr. 1880 155
01Jul1885 Charles K. Kirby (Confirmatory deed) George Peabody 1689 353
15Mar1861 Charles K. Kirby George Peabody 795 49
06Mar1860 Boston and Roxbury Mill Corporation Charles K. Kirby 774 261
Agreement with respect to the location of the boundary lines between 132 Beacon and 164 Beacon to reflect the houses as built, the eastern wall between 132 and 134 Beacon having been placed 0.27 feet further east than indicated by the deed; and agreement by Charles K. Kirby, owner of the western-most lot (at 164 Beacon) to release back to the Boston and Roxbury Mill Corporation a 0.27 foot wide strip from the western boundary of his lot.  The corporation subsequently conveyed this  strip to John L. Gardner (Book 789, p. 26; 9Nov1860) to make the lot he bought to the west of Kirby’s lot (164 Beacon) a full 20 feet.
Date Party One Party Two Book Page
18Sep1860 Boston and Roxbury Mill Corporation P. W. Chandler, William Bramhill, C. K. Kirby, John A. Blanchard, B. T. Loring, Gardner Brewer, Eliza G. Winchester, George W. Wales, David Sears, Anna T, Coolidge, J. T. Coolidge, Jr., and David Stewart 788 47