Index to Deeds: 276 Beacon (Demolished)

The following is an index to property transfer deeds and party wall and building restriction agreements recorded at the Suffolk County Deed Registry from the original land purchase until sale of the building to Charles W. Rowell and its subsequent demolition.  Mortgages, trust agreements, and other similar recorded documents are not included.  This index is intended as a guide only; actual deeds should be reviewed for details.

For transactions related to the successor building, see separate index for 280 Beacon.

Transfers of Land and Buildings
Date of Deed Grantor Grantee Book Page
11Aug1930 Mary Moseley Taylor Charles W. Rowell 5205 528
07May1903 William S. Dexter and Francis C. Welch, present trustees under the will of Robert C. Hooper Mary Moseley Taylor, wife of William O. Taylor 2897 49
27Jun1888 John S. Allan Adeline D. Hooper, William S. Dexter, and Robert C. Hooper, trustees under the will of Robert C. Hooper 1830 334
13Jun1885 Francis L. Higginson John S. Allan 1681 360
19May1885 Francis E. Bacon Francis L. Higginson 1678 303
Transfers of Unimproved Land
Date of Deed Grantor Grantee Book Page
09May1874 Boston and Roxbury Mill Corporation (lot with 26 foot frontage) Francis E. Bacon 1211 226
Party Wall Agreements
Date Party One Party Two Book Page
04Feb1929 Walter R. Whiting (owner of 274 Beacon) Mary M. Taylor, wife of William O. Taylor (owner of 276 Beacon) 5098 601
Party wall receipt for payment for use by 274 Beacon of party wall between 274 Beacon and 276 Beacon
Date Party One Party Two Book Page
28Jan1882 (recorded 11May1891) George A. Gibson and Francis L. Bacon Francis L. Higginson 1994 480
Building restriction in land transfer deed limiting for thirty years the height of any stable in the rear of 276 Beacon to no higher than the stable at 274 Beacon.
Date of Deed Grantor Grantee Book Page
13Jun1885 Francis L. Higginson (seller of 276 Beacon) John S. Allan (Buyer of 276 Beacon) 1681 360
Building restriction agreement prohibiting for thirty years from June 13, 1885, the construction of any structure at the rear of 274 Beacon and of 278 Beacon other than a stable (of no more than one story in height) or outbuildings (intended to impose the same restriction on these properties as contained in the land transfer deed for 276 Beacon entered into on June 13, 1885, between Francis L. Higginson and John S. Allan, formalizing a verbal agreement made at that time)
Date Party One Party Two Party Three Book Page
27Jun1888 Francis L. Higginson and George Higginson, trustees (owners of 274 Beacon) John S. Allan (owners of 276 Beacon) Francis L. Higginson (owner of lot at 278 Beacon) 1830 331