Index to Deeds: 392 Beacon (Demolished)

The following is an index to property transfer deeds and party wall agreements recorded at the Suffolk County Deed Registry from the original land purchase until the building’s demolition ca. 1925.  Mortgages, trust agreements, and other similar recorded documents are not included.  This index is intended as a guide only; actual deeds should be reviewed for details.

For transactions related to the successor building, see separate index for 360-370-380-388 Beacon.

Transfers of Land and Buildings
Date of Deed Grantor Grantee Book Page
27Jun1924 James Ford Rhodes William J. Burns 4586 11
30Nov1898 Minnie W. Niles James Ford Rhodes 2601 301
13Jun1877 George H. Peters (lot with 26 foot 8 inch frontage and dwelling house) Minnie W. Niles, wife of Stephen R. Niles 1379 121
Transfers of Unimproved Land
Date of Deed Grantor Grantee Book Page
01Mar1872 Boston and Roxbury Mill Corporation (lot with 200 foot frontage) George H. Peters 1094 267
Party Wall Agreements
Date Party One Party Two Book Page
09May1899 James Ford Rhodes (owner of 392 Beacon) Howard Stockton (owner of 390 Beacon) 2607 410
Releases of Interest
Date of Deed Grantor Grantee Book Page
19Mar1877 Robert T. Bourne and William Leavitt (release of all interest in land conveyed to George H. Peters by the Boston and Roxbury Mill Corp., Book 1094, p. 267) George H. Peters 1369 49
17Mar1877 Joseph P. Ellicott, William C. Peters, and James M. W. Hall (release of interest in 390-392-394-396-398 Beacon; release of interest as co-partners with George H. Peters in E. D. Peters & Co.) George H. Peters 1369 34
Confirmatory deed of Book 1094, p. 267, clarifying that western boundary is the eastern line of Gloucester Street and does not include the street itself
Date of Deed Grantor Grantee Book Page
09Mar1875 Boston and Roxbury Mill Corporation (lot with 200 foot frontage on Beacon) George H. Peters 1261 259