Index to Deeds: 518 Beacon

The following is an index to property transfer deeds and party wall and building restriction agreements recorded at the Suffolk County Deed Registry from the original land purchase through December 31, 2015.  Mortgages, trust agreements, and other similar recorded documents are not included.  This index is intended as a guide only; actual deeds should be reviewed for details.

Transfers of Land and Buildings
Date of Deed Grantor Grantee Book Page
01Sep1950 Ernest S. Hayeck and Albert S. Hayeck Pegis Alumni Corporation 6635 232
29Aug1949 Thomas J. Diab Ernest S. Hayeck and Albert S. Hayeck 6543 119
09Mar1949 Boston Safe Deposit and Trust Company and James B. Ayer, executors of the will of Nathaniel F. Ayer Thomas J. Diab 6504 510
19Oct1929 Helen D. Ayer, wife of Nathaniel F. Ayer Nathaniel F. Ayer 5160 524
07Mar1925 James B. Ayer, Nathaniel F. Ayer, Elizabeth A. Inches, and Mary A. Rousmaniere Helen D. Ayer, wife of Nathaniel F. Ayer 4659 430
Transfers of Unimproved Land
Date of Deed Grantor Grantee Book Page
09Oct1888 William Simes (lot with 28 foot frontage) Mary E. F. Ayer, wife of James B. Ayer 1843 348
02Jun1887 Boston and Roxbury Mill Corporation (lot with 81 foot frontage) William Simes 1775 54
Party Wall Agreements
Date Party One Party Two Book Page
30Jun1893 James B. Ayer and Mary E. F. Ayer, his wife, in her own right (owner of lot at 518 Beacon) Thomas E. Proctor and Emma H. Proctor, his wife, in her own righrt (owner of lot at 516 Beacon) 2149 484
07Nov1888 Mary E. F. Ayer, wife of James B. Ayer (owner of lot at 518 Beacon) William Simes (owner of lot at 520 Beacon) 1852 126
Building restriction agreement between the owners of 506-532 Beacon, extending to May 1, 1932, previous agreements limiting the depth of main buildings to 90 feet from the north line of Beacon (with bays and other projections limited to extending another 5 feet), and limiting the height of stables and other buildings further north to 12 feet in height.
Date Party One Party Two Book Page
29Mar1912 (recorded 2May1912) Vincent Y. Bowditch (506 Beacon); Charles H. Wheelright (508-510 Beacon); Sarah G. Silsbee (512-514-516 Beacon); Frederick E. Johnston (514-516 Beacon); Mary E. F. Ayer by conservator Nathaniel F. Ayer (518 Beacon); Michael F. Culliney (520-522-524 Beacon). Estate of Oliver Wadsworth (526 Beacon); Harold Williams (528 Beacon); Charles H. Traiser (530 Beacon); Mary E. Kittredge (532 Beacon) 3632 206
Building restriction agreement between the owners of land “on the north side of Beacon Street between West Chester Park and Charlesgate East” limiting until January 1, 1905, the depth of main buildings to 90 feet from the north line of Beacon (with bays and other projections limited to extending another 5 feet), and limiting the height of stables and other ancillary buildings further north to 12 feet in height.
Date Parties Book Page
24Feb1890 Gamaliel Bradford; Leslie M. G. Morison; Thomas Nelson; James R. Chadwick; George B. Shattuck; Emma H. Proctor; Sarah G. Silsbee; George S. Silsbee; Charles P. Putnam; Solomon Lincoln; N. S. Bartlett; William Simes, W. J. Bryant, Mary E. F. Ayer, James B. Ayer, Elizabeth P. Lee, Henry Lee, James E. Proctor, H. B. Perkins, Charles A. Welch, trustee, Louis Curtis,  Massachusetts Hospital Life Insurance Company, and Suffolk Savings Bank for Seamen and Others 1926 637