Index to Deeds: 526 Beacon

The following is an index to property transfer deeds and party wall and building restriction agreements recorded at the Suffolk County Deed Registry from the original land purchase through December 31, 2010.  Mortgages, trust agreements, and other similar recorded documents are not included.  This index is intended as a guide only; actual deeds should be reviewed for details.

Transfers of Land and Buildings
Date of Deed Grantor Grantee Book Page
11Apr1916 Henry M. Kimball Technology Delta Upsilon Association, Inc. 3949 388
30Jun1915 John W. Flavin Henry H. Kimball 3890 136
15Jul1912 Oliver F. Wadsworth and Rose M. Wadsworth, his wife; Richard G. Wadsworth and Mary H. Wadsworth, his wife; Eliot Wadsworth; Philip Wadsworth and Constance A. Wadsworth, his wife; Elizabeth W. Burgess; Lucy W. Sullivan and Thomas R. Sullivan, her husband John W. Flavin 3655 73
Transfers of Unimproved Land
Date of Deed Grantor Grantee Book Page
28Apr1893 James R. Chadwick Oliver F. Wadsworth 2126 47
02Jun1887 Boston and Roxbury Mill Corporation James R. Chadwick 1774 505
Party Wall Agreement
Date Party One Party Two Book Page
02May1912 Eliot Wadsworth; Philip Wadsworth; Richard G. Wadsworth; Lucy W. Sullivan, wife of Thomas R. Sullivan; Elizabeth W. Burgess; and Oliver F. Wadsworth (owners of 526 Beacon) Frederick E. Johnston (owner of 520 Beacon) 3637 561
Building restriction agreement between the owners of 506-532 Beacon, extending to May 1, 1932, previous agreements limiting the depth of main buildings to 90 feet from the north line of Beacon (with bays and other projections limited to extending another 5 feet), and limiting the height of stables and other buildings further north to 12 feet in height.
Date Party One Party Two Book Page
29Mar1912 Vincent Y. Bowditch (506 Beacon); Charles H. Wheelright (508-510 Beacon); Sarah G. Silsbee (512-514-516 Beacon); Frederick E. Johnston (514-516 Beacon); Mary E. F. Ayer by conservator Nathaniel F. Ayer (518 Beacon); Michael F. Culliney (520-522-524 Beacon). Estate of Oliver Wadsworth (526 Beacon); Harold Williams (528 Beracon); Charles H. Traiser (530 Beacon); Mary E. Kittredge (532 Beacon) 3632 206
Building restriction agreement between the owners of 526-532 Beacon limiting until January 8, 1918, with respect to 526 Beacon and until January 8, 1923, with respect to 528-532 Beacon, the depth of main buildings to 90 feet from the north line of Beacon (with bays and other projections limited to extending another 5 feet), and limiting the height of stables and other ancillary buildings further north to 12 feet in height.
Date Parties Book Page
14Jan1908 Mary H. Kittredge, wife of Francis W. Kittredge (owner of 532 Beacon); J. Alfred Anderson (owner of 430 Beacon); Harold Williams (owner of 428 Beacon); and Oliver Wadsworth (owner of 426 Beacon) 3257 484
Building restriction agreement between the owners of land “on the north side of Beacon Street between West Chester Park and Charlesgate East” limiting until January 1, 1905, the depth of main buildings to 90 feet from the north line of Beacon (with bays and other projections limited to extending another 5 feet), and limiting the height of stables and other ancillary buildings further north to 12 feet in height.
Date Parties Book Page
24Feb1890 Gamaliel Bradford; Leslie M. G. Morison; Thomas Nelson; James R. Chadwick; George B. Shattuck; Emma H. Proctor; Sarah G. Silsbee; George S. Silsbee; Charles P. Putnam; Solomon Lincoln; N. S. Bartlett; William Simes, W. J. Bryant, Mary E. L. Ayer, James B. Ayer, Elizabeth P. Lee, Henry Lee, James E. Proctor, H. B. Perkins, Charles A. Welch, trustee, Louis Curtis,  Massachusetts Hospital Life Insurance Company, and Suffolk Savings Bank for Seamen and Others 1926 637