Index to Deeds: 530 Beacon

The following is an index to property transfer deeds and party wall and building restriction agreements recorded at the Suffolk County Deed Registry from the original land purchase through December 31, 2015.  Mortgages, trust agreements, and other similar recorded documents are not included.  This index is intended as a guide only; actual deeds should be reviewed for details.

Transfers of Land and Buildings
Date of Deed Grantor Grantee Book Page
01Feb1922 Charles H. Traiser Robert D. Farrington, Franklin T. Towle, William H. Coburn, trustees, Phi Kappa Sigma Trust 4343 24
Transfers of Unimproved Land
Date of Deed Grantor Grantee Book Page
14Jan1908 J. Alfred Anderson (lot with 26 foot frontage) Charles H. Traiser 3257 488
14Jan1908 Charles P. Putnam (lot with 26 foot frontage) J. Alfred Anderson 3257 482
14Jan1908 Albert Geiger (lot with 26 foot frontage) Charles P. Putnam 3257 481
18Mar1907 Albert Geiger, Jr. (lot with 26 foot frontage) Albert Geiger (Senior) 3197 49
22Jun1906 Charles P. Putnam (lot with 26 foot frontage) Albert Geiger, Jr. 3137 442
13Dec1887 Dudley L. Pickman (lot with 50 foot frontage) Charles P. Putnam 1803 170
02Jun1887 Boston and Roxbury Mill Corporation (lot with 56 foot frontage) Dudley L. Pickman 1774 513
Party Wall Agreements
Date Party One Party Two Book Page
12Jul1899 Charles P. Putnam (owner of lot at 530 Beacon) Mary H. Kittredge, wife of Francis W. Kittredge (owner of lot at 532 Beacon) 2621 206
Building restriction agreement between the owners of 506-532 Beacon, extending to May 1, 1932, previous agreements limiting the depth of main buildings to 90 feet from the north line of Beacon (with bays and other projections limited to extending another 5 feet), and limiting the height of stables and other buildings further north to 12 feet in height.
Date Party One Party Two Book Page
29Mar1912 (recorded 2May1912) Vincent Y. Bowditch (506 Beacon); Charles H. Wheelright (508-510 Beacon); Sarah G. Silsbee (512-514-516 Beacon); Frederick E. Johnston (514-516 Beacon); Mary E. F. Ayer by conservator Nathaniel F. Ayer (518 Beacon); Michael F. Culliney (520-522-524 Beacon). Estate of Oliver Wadsworth (526 Beacon); Harold Williams (528 Beacon); Charles H. Traiser (530 Beacon); Mary E. Kittredge (532 Beacon) 3632 206
Building restriction agreement between the owners of 526-532 Beacon limiting until January 8, 1918, with respect to 526 Beacon and until January 8, 1923, with respect to 528-532 Beacon, the depth of main buildings to 90 feet from the north line of Beacon (with bays and other projections limited to extending another 5 feet), and limiting the height of stables and other ancillary buildings further north to 12 feet in height.
Date Parties Book Page
14Jan1908 Mary H. Kittredge, wife of Francis W. Kittredge (owner of 532 Beacon); J. Alfred Anderson (owner of 530 Beacon); Harold Williams (owner of 528 Beacon); and Oliver Wadsworth (owner of 526 Beacon) 3257 484
Release of restriction contained in Book 2621, p. 204 (12Jul1899) extending until January 1, 1930, the limitations on the depth of main building and the height of structures in the rear yard of 532 Beacon.
Date of Deed Party One Party Two Book Page
14Jan1908 J. Alfred Anderson (owner of lot at 530 Beacon) Mary H. Kittredge (owner of 532 Beacon) 3257 483
Building restriction contained in land transfer deed for 532 Beacon, for the benefit of 530 Beacon, extending until January 1, 1930, the stipulations in Book 1926, p. 637 (24Feb1890) limiting the depth of main building and the height of structures in the rear yard of 532 Beacon.
Date of Deed Grantor Grantee Book Page
12Jul1899 Charles P. Putnam (seller of lot at 532 Beacon and owner of lot at 530 Beacon) Mary H. Kittredge, wife of Francis W. Kittredge (purchaser of lot at 532 Beacon) 2621 204
Building restriction agreement between the owners of land “on the north side of Beacon Street between West Chester Park and Charlesgate East” limiting until January 1, 1905, the depth of main buildings to 90 feet from the north line of Beacon (with bays and other projections limited to extending another 5 feet), and limiting the height of stables and other ancillary buildings further north to 12 feet in height.
Date Parties Book Page
24Feb1890 Gamaliel Bradford; Leslie M. G. Morison; Thomas Nelson; James R. Chadwick; George B. Shattuck; Emma H. Proctor; Sarah G. Silsbee; George S. Silsbee; Charles P. Putnam; Solomon Lincoln; N. S. Bartlett; William Simes, W. J. Bryant, Mary E. F. Ayer, James B. Ayer, Elizabeth P. Lee, Henry Lee, James E. Proctor, H. B. Perkins, Charles A. Welch, trustee, Louis Curtis,  Massachusetts Hospital Life Insurance Company, and Suffolk Savings Bank for Seamen and Others 1926 637