370 Marlborough was designed by Cabot and Chandler, architects, and built in 1880 by Vinal & Dodge, builders, as the home of attorney William Cross Williamson and his wife, Sarah Howland (Ricketson) Williamson. They had lived at 23 Beacon in 1879. He is shown as the owner of 370 Marlborough on the original building permit application, dated October 27, 1880, and Sarah H. Williamson is shown as the owner on the 1883, 1888, 1898, 1908, and 1912 Bromley maps.
William Williamson died in June of 1903. Sarah Williamson continued to live at 370 Marlborough until her death in January of 1916. The Heirs of Sarah H. Williamson are shown as the owners on the 1917 Bromley map, and John F. Sullivan, et al, trustees, were the assessed owners from 1917 through 1919.
370 Marlborough was not listed in the 1917-1919 Blue Books..
By 1920, 370 Marlborough had been acquired by Dr. Lawrie Byron Morrison and his wife, Fannie Stella (Rowe) Morrison, and converted into medical offices. They lived in Brookline. Fannie Morrison was the assessed owner from 1920 through 1940 (shown erroneously as Fannie S. Williamson on the 1928 and 1938 Bromley maps).
Lawrie Morrison was a pioneer radiologist, the founder of the radiology department at Deaconess Hospital. He had worked closely with Dr. Walter J. Dodd, the founder of the Massachusetts General Hospital radiology department, and they had maintained offices together, first at 205 Beacon and then at 374 Marlborough.
In October of 1923, Dr. Morrison filed for (and subsequently received) permission to construct a two-story ell at the rear of the property. In the same application, he also sought (and received) permission to convert the property from a single-family dwelling into medical offices and a dwelling (legalizing what had been the use since 1920).
By 1925, Dr. Sidney Leon Morrison, also a radiologist and probably a cousin of Lawrie Morrison, maintained his medical office at 370 Marlborough.
By 1930, 370 Marlborough had been converted into medical offices and a dwelling, and it was the home of George MacArthur, an x-ray technician, and his wife, Martha A. MacArthur.
Lawrie Morrison continued to maintain his offices at 370 Marlborough until his death in January of 1933, the victim of injuries resulting from his work with radiation.
370 Marlborough remained medical offices and one residence. By 1940, Lawrie Morrison’s son, Harvey Rowe Morrison, a physician, maintained his office there, along with Sidney Morrison and several other physicians. He was the assessed owner from 1941.
Sidney Morrison continued to maintain his offices there until the late 1950s, and Harvey Morrison maintained his offices there until the late 1960s. From the early 1950s, the apartment at 370 Marlborough was occupied by Hugh Harbinson, who was caretaker of the building, and his wife, Marion I. Harbinson, who was Harvey Morrison’s bookkeeper.
In June of 1968, Harvey Morrison filed for (and subsequently received) permission to convert the property from medical offices and a dwelling into seven apartments.
In July of 1968, Pierre L. de Bourgknecht purchased 370 Marlborough from Harvey Morrison. In August of 1968, he advised the Building Department of the sale and his intention to continue with the conversion of the property into seven apartments, the permit for which had been secured by Dr. Morrison.
By 1985, 370 Marlborough had been acquired Barry P. Winer and Paul G. Roiff, trustees of the 370 Marlborough Street Realty Trust.
In September of 1985, they converted the property into seven condominium units, the 370 Marlborough Street Condominium.