Brigham and Spofford was formed in 1888, a partnership of Charles Brigham and John Calvin Spofford. It was the successor to Sturgis and Brigham, John Hubbard Sturgis having died in February of 1888.
Among its works, Brigham and Spofford designed the City Hall in Lewiston, Maine; State Hospital in Foxborough; Memorial Hall in Belfast, Maine; and Roxbury Presbyterian Church (1891) at the corner of Warren and Waverly Streets. The partnership also secured the contract to enlarge the Massachusetts State House.
In February of 1892, Brigham and Spofford dissolved their partnership and both men continued as sole practitioners. The contract for expanding the Massachusetts State House remained with Charles Brigham.
Back Bay Work