Bryant and Rogers was a partnership of Gridley J. F. Bryant and Louis P. Rogers, formed in September of 1867. Rogers had been a draftsman in Bryant’s office since the mid-1850s. The partnership continued until about 1877, when Rogers left Boston for Washington, DC, and later Rochester, New York. Bryant continued to practice in Boston as a sole practitioner.
Bryant and Rogers primarily designed public and commercial buildings, among them the Connecticut Mutual Life Insurance Company building in Hartford (1869-1870), the Gloucester City Hall (1869-1871), a number of the buildings built to replace those destroyed in the 1872 Boston fire, the offices of the Boston Evening Transcript on Washington Street in Boston (1873), and numerous schools and fire stations.
Back Bay Work
|1870||12 Commonwealth (Demolished)|