Harold Field Kellogg was born January 26, 1884, in Boston, the son of Charles Field Kellogg and his wife, Carrie Isabelle Masury.
He married first on June 1, 1914, in Boston, to Anne Eleanor Wise (b. 30Sep1888 in West Kirby, England), daughter of Charles J. Wise and his wife, Mary Ann Dare. They divorced in December of 1949.
He married again on March 24, 1950, in Riverside County, California, to Ethel Joyce Bannerman (b. 27Oct1896 in Cleveland; d. 5Apr1983 in Sun City CA), daughter of Robert Bannerman and his wife, Annie Webb.
Harold Field Kellogg died on January 20, 1964, in Riverside County, California.
Harold Field Kellogg graduated from Harvard in 1906 after which he attended the Ecole des Beaux Arts in Paris. He returned to Boston in 1910 and for the next three years worked as a draftsman and architect in a number of Boston offices, including Shepley, Rutan, and Coolidge, Kilham and Hopkins, Allen and Collins, Edward Graham, Peabody and Stearns, and Gay Lowell.
In 1913, he opened his own office as a sole practicioner. He also was an illustrator, mural painter, and sculptor. He served as the first chairman of the Boston Housing Authority.
He moved from Boston to southern California in the late 1940s, where he continued to practice as an architect.
Among his Boston area works were the Roxbury Boys’ Club on Dudley (1914), Florence Crittenton League Hospital and Home in Brighton (1924), the Public Services Building at 60 Batterymarch (1928), and the Pierce-Arrow Sales Company at 1065 Commonwealth (1929). He also was a consulting architect to K. M. De Vos and Company in the design of Longwood Towers in Brookline in 1922.
Back Bay Work
|1922||254-256 Beacon (Remodeling)|