507 Beacon was designed by Carl Fehmer, architect, and built in 1887 by James Smith, builder, one of a symmetrical pair (507-509 Beacon).
507 Beacon was built for insurance broker Henry Rogers Dalton and his wife, Florence (Chapman) Dalton. They previously had lived at 357 Beacon. Henry Dalton is shown as the owner of 507 Beacon on the original building permit application, dated March 21, 1887, on the final building inspection report, dated November 15, 1887, and on the 1895 and 1898 Bromley maps.
They continued to live at 507 Beacon during the 1905-1906 winter season, but moved thereafter and by the 1907-1908 winter season were living at 181 Beacon.
By the 1906-1907 winter season, 507 Beacon was the Curtis-Peabody School for Girls, operated by Miss Elizabeth E. Curtis and Miss Lucy G. Peabody. The school previously was located at 378 Commonwealth. Miss Curtis lived in Brighton; Miss Peabody lived in Roxbury and later with Miss Curtis in Brighton.
They initially leased the house from attorney Thomas J. Emery, who is shown as the owner on the 1908 Bromley map. They acquired the property from him in mid-1909. The transaction was reported in the Boston Globe on August 1, 1909. Lucy G. Peabody et al are shown as the owners on the 1912, 1917, and 1928 Bromley maps.
The school provided college preparatory and general courses, and also had an “open air” school for girls as young as six. A June 29, 1912, advertisement for the school in the Boston Evening Transcript described the “open air school” as being “in a sunny weather-protected outdoor classroom built on a raised platform and connected with the first floor of the school building.”
The school continued to operate at 507 Beacon until about 1925. Thereafter, Miss Curtis and Miss Peabody converted the property into a lodging house.
By 1930, 507 Beacon was the home of Martin Joseph Connelly, an employee of the City Water Department, and his wife, Beasey A. (Harraghy) Connelly, who operated it as a lodging house. They previously had lived at 118 Pembroke. They are shown as the owners on the 1938 Bromley map. The continued to live at 507 Beacon, and operate it as a lodging house, until about 1942.
In 1945, 507 Beacon was the home of Wilfred R. Gotreau, a musician and music teacher, and his wife, Germaine (Turcotte) Gotreau, who operated it as a lodging house. They previously had lived at 437 Marlborough. They continued to live at 507 Beacon intil about 1953, when they moved to 12 Haviland.
By 1954, 507 Beacon was owned by Franklyn G. Bill, a real estate dealer, and Sidney R. Handler. They continued to operate it as a lodging house. In July of 1961, they transferred 507 Beacon to the C and S Realty Trust, with themselves as trustees.
In September of 1965, the C and S Realty Trust acquired 505 Beacon.
In September of 2008, the C and S Realty Trust transferred 507 Beacon to the 507 Beacon LLC and 505 Beacon to the 505 Beacon LLC.
507 Beacon continued to be a lodging house in 2014.