Ober and Rand was the partnership of J. Foster Ober and George Dutton Rand, formed in about 1877. They remained partners until about 1881, after which Ober continued as a sole practitioner and Rand joined in partnership with Bertrand Eugene Taylor, who had been an architect in the Ober and Rand office.
Ober and Rand designed commercial and residential buildings, and in 1881-1882 designed the expansion of the Hotel Vendôme.
Back Bay Work
|1881||160 Commonwealth (Addition)|