Emerson and Fehmer was formed in 1867, a partnership of William Ralph Emerson and Carl Fehmer. Emerson had previously been a sole practitioner, and Fehmer had been in partnership with Theodore E. Coburn. Emerson and Fehmer remained partners until late 1873, when both returned to individual practices.
In addition to several houses in the Back Bay, in 1873, the firm designed the new Beebe store (later the New England Press Building), off Franklin Street at 1 Winthrop Square, to replace the building destroyed in the 1872 Boston fire.
Back Bay Work
|1872||255 Beacon (Demolished)|
|1872||192 Commonwealth (Demolished)|