Bigelow and Wadsworth

Bigelow and Wadsworth was formed in 1909, a partnership of Henry Forbes Bigelow and Philip Wadsworth.  It was the successor to Winslow and Bigelow,  Walter Thacher Winslow having died in January of 1909.

The firm remained Bigelow and Wadsworth until about 1928, when Edward A. Hubbard and Giles M. Smith — both of whom already were with the firm — were made partners, and it became Bigelow, Wadsworth, Hubbard, and Smith.  After Bigelow’s death in August of 1929, the firm continued as Wadsworth, Hubbard, and Smith.

Bigelow and Wadsworth designed the Weston Town Hall in 1917, which Douglass Shand-Tucci’s Built in Boston notes is a “particularly fine” example of Georgian Revival architecture.

Back Bay Work

1910 400 Beacon (Remodeling)
1912 340 Beacon (Remodeling)
1913 448 Beacon (Remodeling)
1915 417 Beacon (Remodeling)
1915 9 Gloucester (Remodeling)
1916 149 Beacon (Remodeling)
1916 169 Marlborough (Remodeling)
1916 249 Marlborough (Remodeling)
1917 263 Beacon (Remodeling)
1917 39 Commonwealth (Remodeling)
1919 191 Marlborough (Remodeling)
1921 340 Beacon (Remodeling)
1922 292 Beacon (Remodeling)
1925 137 Marlborough
1925 180 Marlborough (Remodeling)
1926 129 Commonwealth (Remodeling)
1926 150 Commonwealth (Remodeling)
1926 192 Commonwealth
1926 174 Marlborough (Remodeling)
1927 172 Beacon
1927 264 Beacon
1927 9 Exeter (Remodeling)